Tuesday 15 May 2012

The beginning

The first post:


The point of this blog is for me to chronicle my attempts set up some websites from scratch. As part of this I hope to build my own PHP based MVC framework (engine).

About me:

I left uni in 2009 with a degree in Robotics. I returned to my home town and found it extremely hard to find a job. Eventually a web agency called Switchplane hired me even though I had never done any PHP. The two bosses, Tom & Joel, trained me up in PHP and MySQL. Tom and Joel had created their own framework which at the time I was impressed with but wouldn't truly come to realise it's awesomeness until I left and worked with other frameworks.

When I left the company, I left the comfort of framework I learnt to code in and realise that I didn't actually know the basics of PHP, how some HTML actually works and Apache, among other things.

In my new job I deal with a new framework and the other parts of L.A.M.P. development Linux and Apache. This prompted me to learn every stage of creating a website so that I can perform better in my job, in the future and hopefully help some others learn with me (or correct me) along the way.

My aims:


  • A PHP MVC framework
  • Object oriented
  • For the 95% (eg. won't try to hard to support IE6 etc...)
  • Up-to-date (HTML5 + CSS3)

Priorities:


  1. Google Friendlyness (Speed, W3C validation,Blind user accessibility,semantic web)
  2. Neat code
  3. End user usability
  4. Support for older hardware,software


The idea of this framework is that you never need to edit the framework, you will extend it or copy parts to a separate project.

Upcoming posts should be about the hardware and Linux.

No comments:

Post a Comment